The NMSU Executive Director of Accreditation is responsible for oversight of all NMSU-system accreditations, including each campus’ regional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission and all specialized professional accreditations. The Executive Director monitors and maintains updated information on all of NMSU’s accreditations, and provides guidance and support as needed to those who are directly engaged in maintaining accreditations for their college and/or program(s).
All Accreditation Liaison Officers (ALOs) (see below) are responsible for maintaining ongoing and open communication with the Executive Director of Accreditation regarding all accreditation matters. Specifically, the ALO will:
- Inform the Exec Dir of any correspondence or interaction with specialized accreditors(e.g. dates of campus visits or comprehensive reports due, change of status, change of practice/standards, submission of annual reports, notification of standing, etc.).Use the Request/Update/Notification on Accreditation form (below).
- Request assistance from the Exec Dir at any time, for any purpose, and particularly if related to an upcoming report or site visit, changes to accreditation standards, etc.Use the Request/Update/Notification on Accreditation form (below).
- Schedule face-to-face meetings w/ the Exec Dir to provide updates about the report and/or site visit preparations, including any areas of concern. Use the Request/Update/Notification on Accreditation form (below).
- Forward requests from accreditors who want to meet with the NMSU Executive Vice President and Provost, or Deputy Provost during a site visit (the Exec Dir will coordinate holds on the appropriate calendars, final scheduling of meeting dates/times, and preparatory meetings with the Provost/Deputy Provost).Use the Request/Update/Notification on Accreditation form (below).
- Provide the Exec Dir with a draft of all materials that will be submitted to an external accreditor, no less than 3 weeks prior to submission, for review and approval before submission. Use the DRAFT document FOR REVIEW form (below).
- Submit official accreditation documents to the Exec Dir as soon as they are received (letter of accreditation, interim or final report from accreditor, etc.). Use the Official Accreditation Documents form (below).
Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Accreditation Liaison Officers (HLC ALOs)
Each NMSU-system campus is regionally accredited by the HLC. NMSU-Grants is accredited as a branch campus of NMSU-Las Cruces, and NMSU-Alamogordo, NMSU-Carlsbad and NMSU-Dona Ana are each independently accredited by the HLC. Each independently accredited campus has an appointed HLC ALO. The campus ALO is the official campus contact for the HLC. NMSU’s HLC ALOs meet, at a minimum, biannually.
College and Service Area Accreditations Liaison Officers (College/Service Area ALOs)
Each college and accredited service area has an appointed liaison officer (ALO) to the accreditation office. College and Service Area ALOs maintain oversight of accreditation(s) within their college/area and are responsible for maintaining timely and consistent communication with the executive director of accreditation about accreditation matters within their colleges/areas. College and Service Area ALOs meet biannually.
Specialized Program/Departmental Accreditation Liaison Officers (Program ALOs)
Each program with specialized accreditation designates one individual as the Specialized ALO. The Specialized ALO is responsible for fulfilling accreditation reporting and communication requirements, and for maintaining the accreditation’s good standing. Specialized ALOs on the Las Cruces campus meet biannually.